1. I understand and agree that these terms will come into force ONLY if Hattis Law PLLC d/b/a Hattis & Lukacs, (“LAWYERS”) notify me by email that they have accepted this application and therefore that I was chosen to be a client.
2. If I am chosen to be a client, the ATTORNEYS will represent me for the sole purpose of investigating and, if appropriate, in the opinion of the ATTORNEYS, to file arbitration against Cox Cable before the American Arbitration Association (l ‘”AAA”) to pursue my claims in arbitration regarding my Cox’s Broadcast Surcharge and Regional Sports Surcharge payments (the “Supplements”). (In this Agreement, “Cox” or “Cox Cable” means Cox Communications, Inc. and CoxCom LLC.)
3. I understand that if I am selected as a client, the AAA may refuse or be unable to arbitrate. For example, Cox may decline to participate in or pay the fees required for arbitration. I agree that if the AAA refuses or is unable to hold arbitration, ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship and no longer represent me in any capacity.
4. If I am selected to be a client and a difference of opinion arises between me and the LAWYERS on a material matter, the LAWYERS shall have the right to withdraw as my counsel of record, and I shall have the right to discharge the LAWYERS as my individual counsel. I also acknowledge that ATTORNEYS have the right to discontinue representing me at any time if, in their professional judgment and consistent with their ethical responsibilities, they come to believe that my potential claims are unlikely to result in recovery.
5. If I am selected to be a client, I agree that ATTORNEYS may represent, and I consent to ATTORNEYS representing, multiple clients with similar or identical claims against Cox.
6. ATTORNEYS intend to represent numerous clients with similar or identical claims against Cox. At this time, the LAWYERS are not aware of any conflict of interest that would negatively impact the representation that the LAWYERS make to you. However, conflicts may arise in the future, including: Cox offers a global or “lump sum” settlement to all ATTORNEYS customers that does not specify the amount each customer will receive; or Cox offers to settle, but only if some percentage, if not all, of the LAWYERS’ clients agree to the proposed settlement. ATTORNEYS may also be required by applicable ethics rules to share important information about your claims and your negotiating position with other ATTORNEYS’ clients with similar claims. Although ATTORNEYS try to avoid these problems if it is practical to do so, they can occur. If you are chosen as a client and a conflict of interest concerning you arises, AVOCATS will promptly inform you and work with you on the best way to proceed in accordance with the applicable ethical rules.
7. If I am chosen to be a customer and my case is resolved by settlement with Cox BEFORE arbitration with the AAA has begun (i.e. before all AAA filing fees have been paid by Cox and before my case arbitrator was appointed), then I agree that ATTORNEYS shall be entitled to a $750 block attorney’s fee on any recovery from Cox in payment for preparing my claim, making a request to Cox and negotiating a resolution. In this case, any amount over $750 recovered from Cox will belong to me. I agree that $750 represents reasonable attorneys’ fees for the settlement of my claims prior to the commencement of arbitration and reflects the time, effort, expense and skill that ATTORNEYS will devote to my case up to that time. -the. I understand that the remuneration of LAWYERS is not fixed by law but is negotiable between the lawyer and the client. (Certain state laws require us to disclose our regular hourly rates; these rates, which you will not be charged, range from $200 for junior paralegals to $800 for senior partners.)
8. If I am selected as a client and my case is resolved AFTER arbitration with the AAA has begun (i.e. after all AAA filing fees have been paid and after arbitrator has been appointed), I authorize ATTORNEYS to seek from the arbitrator for, or to obtain directly from Cox, attorneys’ fees and expenses separate and distinct from any payment I receive for my claims. In the event that Cox offers and I agree to a settlement of my claims that does not include separate payment to the ATTORNEYS for their attorneys’ reasonable fees and expenses, I agree that the ATTORNEYS are entitled to compensation for their services of an amount of one-third (33-1/3%) of my monetary recovery under this settlement. I understand that the remuneration of LAWYERS is not fixed by law but is negotiable between the lawyer and the client.
9. If I am selected as a client, ATTORNEYS are hereby authorized but not obligated to accept an offer of settlement, without further authorization or direction from me, which includes: (1) payment by Cox equal or greater than the amount of all the supplements I paid to Cox; and (2) payment by Cox to ATTORNEYS for attorneys’ fees and expenses separate and distinct from any payment I receive for my claims.
10. If I am chosen to be a client, I authorize ATTORNEYS to partner with other attorneys to assist me with my potential claims at no additional cost to me.
11. If I am chosen to be a client, I will provide to the ATTORNEYS in a timely manner any information or document reasonably requested by the ATTORNEYS and, if necessary, to provide evidence in the arbitration. If I do not respond in a timely manner to ATTORNEYS’ requests, including for purposes of a possible settlement, I understand that ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship such that ATTORNEYS would no longer represent me in any capacity. whether it be.
12. If I am selected as a client, I authorize ATTORNEYS to present to Cox a document with my digital signature stating: that I have retained ATTORNEYS to represent me with respect to my claims; that ATTORNEYS have my authority to provide Cox with my contact and account information; and that I authorize Cox to provide the ATTORNEYS with my confidential account records as necessary to resolve my claims.
13. I acknowledge that the ATTORNEYS have not and will not provide any warranty as to the outcome of my claims.
14. I authorize ATTORNEYS to send me text messages related to this case at the phone number or numbers that I have provided in this application to be a client. I declare that I am the subscriber of these numbers and that I have the authority to give such consent. (You are not required to provide this authorization in order for us to represent you. If you do not wish us to communicate with you via text message, please let us know by emailing [email protected] stating that you do not wish to receive text messages.)