Man convicted in decades-old Galveston County murder case released from jail



A man convicted of the death of a woman in 1984 has been released from prison.

Clyde Hedrick, 67, was released from Estelle Unit in Huntsville on Monday under mandatory supervision, according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Hedrick’s name is a name that Texas Equusearch founder and director Tim Miller is all too familiar with.

“He’s not in jail right now and he’s free to go,” Miller said.

Miller’s daughter, Laura Miller, was kidnapped and murdered in 1984. Although Hedrick was not charged in her case, Miller believes Hedrick played a role.

“I still remember every minute of those 17 months of Laura missing, the helplessness, the despair and the fear,” Miller said.

According to court records, Hedrick was convicted of manslaughter in 2014 for the death of Ellen Beason in 1984.

A d

Laura’s death appeared in a court document from the Beason case, but the Galveston County District Attorney’s Office said there was no testimony about it during the trial.

Hedrick previously told KPRC 2 that he never hurt Beason or anyone.

READ MORE: A new lead or another ghost in the “Killing Fields” murders?

Hedrick was sentenced to 20 years in prison. TDJC said he was released on October 4 under mandatory supervision.

According to the Texas Board of Pardons and Lyrics website, “Mandatory supervision is mandatory parole of an inmate when the combination of real time and good behavior time equals the sentence. Behavior time is credited to an offender for his participation in work and personal improvement programs.

Miller has filed a wrongful death complaint against Hedrick. The case is still open in the court system.

A d

Miller plans to discuss his concerns about the latest developments at a press conference on Wednesday at 11 a.m.

The man was linked to the murder of Laura Miller
The man was linked to the murder of Laura Miller

Copyright 2021 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.



About Author

Comments are closed.