HATTIESBURG, Mississippi (WDAM) – A rental assistance clinic was held at Twin Forks Rising in Hattiesburg to help families pay rent and other utilities they may be late in.
The event was made possible by Ward 2 Councilor Deborah Delgado, the Southern Rural Black Women’s Initiative, the Children’s Advocacy Fund and the Forrest Counties Chapter of the NAACP.
“We now see that we are doing what we need to do for the citizens of our community. Many have different stories. Some are homeless. Others were fired from their jobs. We have to make sure that we are meeting the needs of those in need, ”says Delgado.
People had to provide the following information below:
- Documentation supporting household income (copy of determination / benefit letters from TANF, WIC, SSI, SNAP, MEDICAID, OR HEADSTART; or copy of IRS 2020 104 income tax form; or documentation on income from Last 60 days for each household member over the age of 18, such as pay stubs or bank statements)
- Current lease / rental agreement
- Rent overdue, utility or eviction notice (if applicable)
- Proof of identity (state driver’s license, state ID card or passport)
- Unemployment documents (if applicable)
- Most recent utility bill
- Owner’s contact details (email address, phone number)
The clinic was from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Copyright 2021 WDAM. All rights reserved.