SAN FRANCISCO, January 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The StartOut Growth Lab, a startup accelerator aimed at advancing companies founded or co-founded by LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs, has welcomed its ninth cohort of companies, each focused on transforming their respective industry.
StartOut is the nation’s largest nonprofit for LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and oversees the Growth Lab in partnership with DLA Piper, providing participating entrepreneurs with support for their emerging businesses through tailored programs. This assistance includes mentoring, education, access to sources of capital and networking opportunities.
Since the creation of the Growth Lab in 2017, 44 companies have graduated, $630 million in financing and creating more than 3,678 jobs.
“These numbers not only indicate the strength of entrepreneurs and their businesses, but also the impact we have within startup communities across the country,” said Andres Wydler, executive director of StartOut. “We are proud of what the Growth Lab has been able to accomplish over the years and we are excited to work with this next group of entrepreneurs.”
The ninth group is made up of the following companies:
- legal karma aims to modernize and scale law firm legal service delivery with cloud-based document drafting and project management automation tools. The company’s customers receive a mobile app where they can request new work, mark up and sign documents, and see where their money is being spent.
- beep-boop is a fun language platform that aims to simplify teaching while making on-demand group learning personalized, fun and free. Beepboop’s AI allows users to monetize their voice by becoming teachers capable of engaging entire classrooms in interactive exercises that get students speaking the language they are learning.
- Geopogo applies the emerging power of AR to instantly convert standard architectural design files into full-size virtual models on site to improve the design and construction process. Through a recently signed marketing partnership with Magic Leap, Geopogo now has access to a global scale through Magic Leap’s extensive sales network and co-presentation with Magic Leap at global venues such as AWE and CES.
- Mr Hudson plans perfect trips by pairing travelers with local creators to create highly personalized travel plans, helping visitors experience the best of their destination.
- Matador Leggings is an innovative men’s athleisure brand primarily known for its men’s leggings specifically designed for the male anatomy with a modesty pad concealing the groin department, multiple pockets and a t-shirt/towel loop in dozens of unique prints and bright colors. They elevate and empower men by giving them confidence, comfort and joy through the performance apparel they make.
- PILOT, Inc. helps HR leaders deliver meaningful employee development to retain top talent, at scale. Through individual reflection, manager feedback, a community of peers, external group coaching, executive wakes, and program management, participants benefit from a shared six-month development plan . Its mission “to make everyone feel empowered at work” is built into the product, inspiring employees to take real ownership of their careers.
- BIOMILK Skincare is a new generation of clean beauty products dedicated to deep, visible skin health through science-backed microbiome care and nutrition. The head-to-toe face and body care line is uniquely formulated to work with our own skin and its bacterial ecosystem, nourishing it with clinically proven prebiotics and probiotics + plant-based superfoods.
- KindMind is a solution for physicians, nurses and other advanced practice providers to find a mental health provider, confidentially and conveniently.
- Career Pass Institute provides a comprehensive and personalized career coaching platform, especially helping international students and new immigrants to the United States achieve their dream jobs in software engineering and data analytics.
- rabbit.money allows users to save and donate based on their financial well-being while their favorite nonprofits can fundraise for free.
Media Contact: [email protected]